Hey Everyone! I’ve got a new kinda of a post coming up below, but before I get there I just want to remind you about a project I’ve been working closely on. You may have seen sprinkled in to my normal Facebook and Twitter shootouts that I’ve mentioned Shemar Moore, The Bounce Back, Bounce Back Bloggers and several numerous shots of his
sexy abs face. That’s because for a few weeks now I’ve been working with Shemar and his team to promote and raise fund for his new movie ‘The Bounce Back‘. If you’ve been around for a while you saw this post, but I wanted to remind you again as we hit the single digest left in his campaign. This is such a HUGE opportunity not only for his fans to get involved, but for bloggers everywhere. Myself and 29 other fellow bloggers are trying to introduce blogging as a STRONG force in Hollywood and we can use your help. Check out the new perks, make a donation or share with whoever you can.
Some of the bloggers meeting up with Shemar
The link to the fundraising site. Check out the perks! I can’t wait for mine. 🙂
OKAY… NOW BACK TO OUR REGULAR SCHEDULED PROGRAM…
At the end of June I signed up for a brand new “collective” group called the “Snail Mail Collective” hosted by The Nectar Collective & Lost in Travels.
Basically you get paired up with another blogger either across the world or across the US from you. I was luckily paired up with the AMAZING Lizzy –from Lizzy’s Luggage, and I feel that we bonded pretty easily.
We’re both young (her more so than I) and were looking for the same thing from this collective, a new blog friend. So for the last two weeks I’ve been popping over to her site now and again to see what she’s up to, how her day/ week is going, leaving a comment here or there and exchanging emails with her. Well earlier this week I dropped in and she had a post about Old School Blogging that interested me. It was a cool idea on a blog post, for when.. you don’t really have much to say that day. So in an effort to step out of my DIY comfort-zone I’m going to try out her idea. Plus, this gives all you new readers a chance to get to know me a little better. Win-Win.
Bare with me people… I’m going in blind…
oh yeah, and that’s ^ the handy button for this post. 😉
5 Things I Have A Passion For
1. Crafting: This shouldn’t come as a surprise for anyone, but for as long as I can remember I’ve love to make/ build/ put things together. My Grandfather was a woodcarver for a large automotive company, my Aunts are all VERY crafty, my Mother is crafty, my Father is very skilled at building things… my sister is a great artist too… it’s in my blood.
2. Reading: I love to read. In fact, reading for a while drained my bank account. That was until my mother gave me a nook for my birthday one year and i found out I could check out books from the library (that return themselves… Hello– NO LATE FEES).
3. Dogs: I love dogs, especially big dogs. I have a weakness for their faces, their kisses, the way they play… Love them:
(Look at this face…. could you say no to it?)
4. Family: I love my family to pieces. They drive me
absolutely bat-shit crazy sometimes, but they’re my family. They’re here for me when I need them no questions asked and you
couldn’t find a more
5. Being Myself: Now, before you go and tell me “that’s not a passion” hear me out. I *AM* passionate about being myself. I’m weird, I’m different, I think logically, I’m stubborn, I’m LOUD, I’m crafty, I build things… I have a passion for being all of those things that truly make me “Justynn” and more.
5 Things I Would Like to do Before I Die
1. Travel the World: I’ve been around the US (a little bit) and to Mexico, Germany and Poland… but I want to experience cultures all over the world.
2. SKYDIVING was pretty high on my list and I accomplished that… TWICE.
3. Be Succesful: Not in the “super-rich” sort of a way. But in a “my life makes me happy, my business is well off the ground, I live comfortably” sort of a way. I want to be able to take a vacation when needed and not have to eat ramen every night to do so.
4. Have Fur Babies and Babies: This one kinda scare me and thrills me at the same time. Mentioned above I love dogs and will always want one/ have one in my life. The kids part… scares me. I want to be a mom someday but it’s not an easy job.
5. Live in another country: I would love to live in another country for a year or two, just to experience the difference. And no, I don’t mean Canada (because I kinda already have a home there), I’m talking about… a country with a completely different language.
5 Things I Say A Lot
1. “Story of my life” — whenever anything goes wrong.
2. “Ice Cream?” — probably my favorite thing in the world
3. “Brainstorm” — whenever I need to think of a new idea, I call upon my friends to help my “brainstorm” sometimes the things they say– even random things trigger an idea for me.
4. “Bomb Dot Com” I think I picked this up form my little sister, but whenever someone does something nice for me I tell them that I think they are “the bomb…. dot com”
5. “Thank you” I think my parents really instilled in me the importance to say “thank you” to people and I can be caught saying it in excess… like… for every item the checkout lady scans….
5 Books I Have Read Recently
(quick note: I love trashy novels & mysteries & books set back in time… don’t judge)
1. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin (boyfriend turned me onto the book)
2. Currently Reading: Under the Dome by Stephen King
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
4. Quinn’s Woman by Susan Mallery (trashy novel)
5. Red Velvet Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke
5 Favorite Movies
1. Pretty Woman Yep, Stereotypical I know.
2. Boondock Saints Bet you didn’t guess that one huh?
3. Gangs Of New York Another shocker huh?
4. Shawshank Redemption LOVE this movie.
5. Animated: Finding Nemo “And he shall be my squishy” lol
5 Places I Would Love to Travel To
5. Grand Canyon
Now… here’s the part where I’m supposed to invite people to do this… but the issue is, I don’t really know that many other bloggers. So I’m going to throw this out there to you… Do your own post and then leave me a link to it. Do this before July 25th
then join the link up party here
5 People I Invite to do This Meme
OH! And one last thing… I’m doing the 30 Day Self Portrait Challenge (on instagram) from A Beautiful Mess. So, get ready to see my mug for the next 30 days. Joy.