** UPDATE: NO, YOU’RE NOT CRAZY. I MADE SOME CHANGES TO THE SITE… LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT THEM!**
Welcome to Thursday everyone! One day away from Friday, one day away from the weekend. Are you excited? That answer should be a Hell to the YES…
Last week (err… okay really more of last weekend) Lizzy (from Lizzy’s Luggage) sent me an email letting me know that she had been chosen for the Liebster Award (a recognition award passed around in blog land to smaller blogs to recognize their efforts and basically a big “hey you’re great” thing.) I’ve seen it around before and was super excited for her! She totally deserve the recognition! So when she told me she was nominating me as one of her picks I about danced… no… I actually did dance. In bed. Waking up the BF. Whoops…
Anyways, THANK YOU LIZZY…
The award comes with it’s sets of rules: (bear with me this will be a LONG POST)
1. You Link back to the person that nominated you (done.)
2. List 11 facts about yourself. (see below)
3. Answer 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you. (see below even farther..)
4. Nominate up to 11 other blogs with 200 followers or less. (This is the hard part…)
5. Ask 11 new questions for the nominee-blogs to respond to. (wayyyyyyy at the bottom)
11 Facts About Me (Justynn)
1. I use my name as an ice-breaker for EVERYTHING. “Hi, I’m Justynn. Yes, Justynn. As is ‘Justin’ the boys name. Yes, it’s unique. I think my father really wanted boys.” Which is kinda funny because my Mother was actually the one to come up with my name. Its from a book? I think…
My half-sister (Sister) is Jordan… so the whole “dad wanted boys” thing works for me.
2. I’m obsessed with instagram (@creativelifeantics) and taking photos on my iphone. I have to regularly dump my phone photos so I can take new ones. My bf makes fun of me for this. Over half the pictures on my phone right now are of Ziggy.
3. I’m a tequila drinker. Love mixing it with lemonade, and cranberry juice and orange juice… and pretty much a bunch of different juices.
4. I can’t stand nail polish on my fingernails. I feel like it adds extra weight and i end up picking it off right away. (weird right?)
5. I’m a polish girl through and through and love trips to Hamtramnck to Polish Village Cafe for the food. Even though their wait-staff acts like they have a stick up their butt the whole time.
6. Illustrator is my favorite CS tool to use. I like to challenge myself to replicate things all the time. Like this iphone… One is a real phone, the other is my vector of it.
7. I originally wanted to be an architect. But after a few classes I realized that I hated following rules and building codes and since those were probably important I should figure something else out.
8. I went to Poland when I was 18 by myself for 10 days…. That was definitely the trip of my life so far.
9. I unintentionally turned a jet ski into a submarine in the Middle of Lake Michigan when I was 10 while jet skiing with my dad. We hit a huge wave, I freaked out and let go of the throttle, thus putting the jet ski INTO the next set of waves instead of OVER them. Luckily my dad was able to react quickly and give it some throttle to bring it back up. He has never let me forget that… and probably never will. Much like I bug him about the tractor and butterfly net incident. 😉
10. I *may* have been on top of the Michigan Central Station building and took pictures.
11. I always seem to find myself getting into mischief where-ever I go. I think it might be my personality type. Not like “going to jail” trouble. but… you know, breaking the rules, going outside boundries, crossing lines. It’s just who I am.
Answer the 11 Questions Lizzy Asked Me
Q. What do you like to dip Oreos in? (Seriously this girl is obsessed)
A: Peanut Butter… are there really other things to dip Oreos in?
Q: Is there a blogger you really look up to or want to meet?
A: I would LOVE to meet Katie Bower from Bower Power. I honestly just love her style of writing and think shes a super-woman of all sorts. Plus she has the cutest kids, a hunky husband and just a sense of personality that you WANT to be around. I’d love to pick her brain about all this blogging crappola.
Q: If you could have any super power, what would you choose?
A: I think I would choose the ability to fly. It would SO NICE to just to pop around to places instead of looking at my budget and seeing that I can’t afford to travel all over.
Q: What is the most unusual question you’ve ever been asked?
A: Probably this one ^. But in all seriousness questions about my name. I literally had a woman not ‘comprehend the words a coming from my mouth’ (rush hour anyone?) And she tried to convince me that I’ve been saying my name wrong my entire life and it really was Justine. ::blank stare:: …..riiiiiiight…
Q: What would be your dream career?
A: Honestly I’m not 100% sure at this point. Isn’t that sad? I’d love to do something that allowed me to be creative ALL. THE. TIME. Something that used my skills in Graphic Design, but still allowed me to build stuff and play with power tools all day. I absolutely love that about blogging right now. It’s not the writing… I’m not a writer (obvi) I’m a crafter and creator and builder by heart. Blogging just hopefully pays for all those …. needs. (HOPEFULLY)
Q: What reality TV show would you love to be on?
A: Ohhhh, HGTV Design Star… or Amazing Race (the bf and I were talking about doing this one).
Q: What is the most random word you can think of right now?
A: Endometriosis. why? no friggen clue. (side note, totally just looked that word up and wanted to cringe… WHY would I think of that?!?!)
Q: Who’s your favorite superhero?
A: Probably Batman. Have you seen all the cool things he gets to play with? HELLO… THE BATMOBILE..
Q: Where did you purchase the best burger you’ve ever had?
A: Oh jeez… This is a tough one. Mostly because I don’t think the best burger I ever had was purchased from a restaurant. It was made in a cooking class that an ex’s mom took. It was a bacon burger of some sort where the bacon was inside the burger with lots of delicious cheese. I never did get that recipe… and I doubt she’d give it to me now.
Q: If you could listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A: Gosh, another hard one. I’m going to have to go with Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians “What I Am“…. (I was belting that song when I was a kid…) or Hugo’s “99 Problems” cover. Not because either are my *FAVORITE*, but just becasue I could sing both all day long. I’m also currently obsessed with “Level” by the Raconteurs.
Q: I’m making up this question because Lizzy only posted 10 questions… 😉 What current projects are you working on right now…?
A: Well self.. I’m glad you asked. Currently I’m auditioning for So You Think You’re Crafty a ten week craft competition. I’d love it if any of my readers popped over to vote for me. I find out tonight if I made it. (FINGERS CROSSED, Cuz I’ve already started working on the other themes. 😉)
I’m also always working for ENMNetwork a new networking group of bloggers that work with celebrities, musicians and other Hollywood peeps to promote their projects, set up their social media sites and gather influence. I’m currently working on a project for Newlywed & Broke, a hilarious new single camera comedy about a newlywed couple similar to a modern day “I Love Lucy”.
ON TOP of all that I’m working with another lovely blogger Clarissa to start our very own Meet New Blogging Friends & Swap thingy called BlogPal which will hopefully start in September… (more information coming soon!)
I’m sure there’s more, but my attention span right now is the size of a pea. And that’s being very nice…
Bloggers I am Nominating for the Liebster Award Are:
— Clarissa from The Waste Not
–– Lindsey from Lindsey E. Archer (this lady has been absent lately but I love her design and ideas)
— Kimberly from Painted Love Blog
— Chrissy from Adventures in DIY
–– Kelsey from Embracing Messy
FINALLY, Here Are My Questions for The Nominees…
1. Whats your favorite flavor of ice cream.
2. What has been your favorite post you ever wrote & why?
3. Why did you start blogging? Who’s your blogger idol?
4. Favorite ADULT beverage?
5. Any pets? Give them some shine time…
6. Name one weird quirk… GO:
7. Favorite HEALTHLY FOOD?
8. One thing you are saving and dreaming for?
9. Favorite TV show right now?
10. What song gets your booty bumping?
11. What big things are you working on right now? Tell your readers!
So excited to see these ladies answers! And LADIES, don’t forget to link back here so I can see them! Big THANKS to Lizzy again (I feel like I have a little blog sister).
Much love everyone! Cross your fingers that I get GREAT NEW tonight and make it past the auditions!